Homemade Chennai Style Kalyana Mangai Oorukai / Raw Mango Pickle
The specialty of Chennai Style Mango Pickle
In Chennai Kalyana Mangai Oorukai is served mainly in marriages as it can be prepared within 15 minutes. The pickle gets its name from the regional language as Kalynam means marriage, Mangai means Raw Mango, and Oorukai means pickle.
1. Chennai cuisine is known for its nutritious food as every household uses drumsticks, carrots, peas, beans, okra, and other vegetables to prepare a one-pot meal blended with spices. It's famous for its filter coffee, kothu parotta, nitthili fry, and Venn Pongal.
2. Chennai-style pickles are mostly influenced by the traditions and culture of The Pandya, Chola, Vijayanagar, and Pallava dynasties.
3. Chennai style pickles are made from Handpicked mangoes grown in and around the Uttukotai region and Vengal villages.
Why you should buy Chennai Style Mango from Klaasik?
They are completely Made at Home by our Home-based Women Entrepreneurs under clean and hygienic conditions.
- The Authentic Chennai flavors will definitely make you vouch for more of it.
- Aroma & Taste will take you back to your childhood reminding you of your Grandma.
It is eaten with curd rice, chapati, idli, dosa, dal-rice, dal-roti, parathas & even with many breakfast dishes.
Raw Mango (finely chopped), Chili Powder, Salt, Fenugreek Powder., Turmeric Powder, Mustard seeds, Gingelly Oil, Asafoetida (Asafetida / Hing)
|Manufacture Date:||Made Seasonally|
|Use By Date:||12 Months, Refrigerate for a Longer Shelf Life|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.