"Making a perfect cup of filter kaapi is an art, that’s perfected over time" - South Indian Mothers! Instructions to Make Filter Coffee with Stainless Steel Coffee Filter: Filter coffee is brewed using a coffee filter which has two cylinders. Top Cylinder contains Pin holes. The idea is for the ''decoction'' to drip down from the top cylinder, through the tiny pin holes into the bottom cylinder.
1. Take and fix the upper cylinder with pin holes onto the lower cylinder.
2. Add 2-3 table spoons of Kumbakonam Degree Coffee Powder to the upper compartment, with the umbrella attachment, press down the powder.
3. Bring the water to a boil and pour boiling hot water over the umbrella in the upper compartment, until water level nearly reaches the brim.
4. Keep this covered for 1 Hour until thick coffee decoction drips into bottom compartment.
6. To prepare coffee, bring milk to a boil. 7. Pour 4-5 tbsp coffee decoction with 3/4 cup milk, sugar back and forth in an arc like motion adjusting as per the strength of coffee desired.
8. Serve the popular South Indian coffee. Filter coffee is the life-blood of South Indians. It Is called by names: Indian Coffee, Filter Coffee, Degree Coffee, Decoction Coffee, Chicory Coffee, Breakfast Coffee, Chikmagalur Coffee, Milk and Sugar Coffee, Brown Coffee.
- Filter coffee maker material : Stainless steel
- Components : 2 cups, 1 drip plate, 1 closure plate
- Coffee filter provides unique south Indian aroma
- Coffee drip filter easy to clean and Replace coffee powder
- Stainless steel coffee filter : Real south Indian coffee